Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Mother's Hands

I have my mother's hands. I look at them while I am writing or reading sometimes and I smile and think of her. I think of all the wonderful things she does with those hands and it makes me proud that I have her hands. I have my grandmother's wit. She is wonderfully witty and quick and I love how easily our conversation flows when we're together. I have my father's eyes. He is wise and you can see it through his piercing blue eyes. I have my Pop's toes. He had long monkey toes and they make me laugh when I see them, then I remember his wonderful laugh and it makes me so glad to have his funny toes. I have my two sister's spirit. They are amazing mothers and they are smart. My sisters are both wonderfully unique and yet we share a kindred spirit that makes us long to be together. I have my two brothers level head, or maybe more accurately I occasionally do. They are steadfast and sure in their faith and life and I long to be more like them. I think of all these ways I have these bits of my family all bound up in me, coursing through my veins and beating in my heart and I wonder about Ty and I's Little B. Will you have Tyler's wildly think hair and love of lovely old things? Will you love to read like your mommy? Or travel like your Aunt Leigh? Who will you be? I can't wait to find out these things! Right now I know you have a lovely little nose. I know you do not like to have your picture taken when you're trying to nap, very sorry about that. You like to shake your little rump when I sing and you sleep better when I'm on my left side. I love all these things about you already Little B and I am excited to find how you are like your crazy and wonderfully quirky family that is awaiting your arrival.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me cry! All my girls are amazing writers! I thank God for your talent, and I look forward to our newest grandchild! Love you bunches.

Tara Mauldin said...

So sweet and thoughtful. You're going to be a wonderful mother. :)

...Fighting 2 Be... said...

Love this!!!