Thursday, February 9, 2012

After...partially

Half of my house is up to par at the moment and so I will post that half of the pictures. I am recently out of quarantine after being sick so the house isn't up to blog standards, please bare with me.

This is the view from the back door looking into the kitchen. We have taken out the left wall and put in a half opening with an old barn shelf for a bar. Tyler worked really hard to bring the bar to life. The light is a Thomas Edison inspired light from Lowes. We'd still like to buy a nice vintage looking stove with a big hood.


Here is the entryway to the kitchen...you can't see it in this picture but Tyler has laid tile for a kind of mini mudroom feel.


More kitchen...I need to de-clutter my counter a bit I feel :]




Grainy picture of the living room from the far side. We painted and sealed floors in here and cleaned out the fire place.


Here is a good view of the widened opening in the wall.



The mini bathroom (haha), we painted and laid tile in here as well. I'm in love with the shower curtain (marshall special!).



This is my pride and joy and it sits in our spare bedroom/office. It is an antique pie safe but looks more like a lawyers' shelf to me. Tyler found it for me at an auction!


This picture is a bit grainy and I'll try for a better one later, but this is another of the spare bedroom/office. As you can see we painted the room red, I have issues-I love red too much, and sealed the floors. There is a really neat desk and Tyler's grandpa's gavel in the corner there along with a vintage school library sign that still needs to be hung. It is a work in progress but it's coming along!


Here are a few more of the living room...



Okay, so the bedroom will come later but I hope I gave you a little clearer picture of our little episode of "This Old House"! We love our little corner of Stanly County and we're looking forward to our adventures here as well as making it a home of the Lord!

3 comments:

Brianne H. said...

You guys are so creative! And have put A TON of love into that house :)

Shannon said...

If you do unclutter that kitchen counter, bring that Cabarrus creamery sign here. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! All my girls and my daughter-in-law are amazing decorators! If we ever get home, I want all four of you to come redo my house! I love the fact that Shannon, Brandy, Leigh, and you all put your personality into your homes. I have no idea how to do that. Beautiful! I can't believe it's the same house.