Monday, January 16, 2012

Before...



I promised Mom and Dad I would post pictures of the house, but I figured I'd show the before pictures first so you get to appreciate the end affect a little more. Unfortunately, I didn't get complete before pictures. By the time I had taken these Tyler and his dad had already torn up the carpet and linoleum and sanded the floors but just imagine pink and green carpet and scary looking linoleum...

Kitchen view from the back door, kitchen view from the sink, kitchen view from the mini-hall
What we did so far: tear up linoleum, strip floors, remove two layers of wallpaper (oh and whomever thought wallpaper was such a good move should have to remove it for the rest of their lives), removed water heater from kitchen and moved washer and dryer hookups.



Bathroom (only view...its a little small for more :), living-room from hallway, our bedroom
What we did so far: Nothing in the bathroom, bedroom floor has had carpet removed and
floors stripped and walls primed, living-room has had carpets removed and floors stripped and walls primed and new front door.


Living-room view from the front door and office/spare-bedroom view from the living-room

What we did so far: Stripped floors in both rooms and primed walls.

When I say "we" though, I use that words loosely. Tyler and his dad did the majority of the work. I cleaned and took down wall paper in this phase. We were most excited about the original flooring and being close to the auction. I haven't really taken any pictures of the outside of the house because we haven't changed much, but I'll work on that! I am getting antsy to work in the yard this spring and do some landscaping. I am very proud of the home that we have and how much hard work Tyler has put into it! It has been an adventure and I have amazing memories already of this house.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting there. We look forward to the rest of the pictures! Great job. We love you!

Shannon said...

I forgot how much work you guys did. Don't forget to post the afters.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful that you two have work that you enjoy dong together. I love you and thanks so much for the package and I always look forward to hearing from you.
Daddy